Saturday, November 3, 2018
Someone is missing
As we get closer to the holidays so does the little reminders that you are no longer here. You've been gone for 5 months. Five months ago one persons senseless actions ripped you from all of our lives but in our hearts you forever remain.
So many times I think that our lives are just so busy, that you will be there for the next Sunday dinner. That you will be there for our sister dinner. That you will be there for Thanksgiving and even for Christmas. But that is not the case.
You were such an amazing person. You were the glue for so many. And now you are in heaven with many of our other loved ones.
Thirty eight was too young to go. You still had so much to give. You taught me so much. And because of you I see a lot of things differently.
Our next sisters dinner is this month. You should be there with us. But you won't be. I thought my period of grieving was coming to an end but I am not sure it ever will completely.
There are those moments that memories trigger all the anger of the situation to rise again. But I can hear you now. Forgive. Love. And above all pray for them. Pray for them when it is hard, and you do not want to.
Anna, our sisters dinner is just not going to be the same without you. Thanksgiving will be hard on our parents as you were there for all the holidays and whenever they needed someone. Christmas won't be the same.
I am feeling very selfish tonight wishing I could go back just to have one more moment with you. One more conversation. One more memory to cherish. But that would mean taking you away from the eternity you longed for with our Savior, Jesus Christ.
I will get passed this day by day. But I will never stop missing you. I cherish the day that I will get to see you again.
I miss you Anna. I miss you sister. xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
We hear it numerous times a day. The phrase, “how are you?” So often we say good or OK so that we don’t have to answer the series of questi...
-
Life as a working mom is tough to say the least. How did my mom make it look so easy. And how have 8 months past by since I last blogged? I ...
-
Throughout life God leads us all in different directions and different seasons. Some are quite challenging while others are very reward...
How are you?
We hear it numerous times a day. The phrase, “how are you?” So often we say good or OK so that we don’t have to answer the series of questi...


No comments:
Post a Comment