So many times I have been asked, what is your WHY? There are so many reasons as to why I have gotten serious with my health and fitness. The physical aspect is just a bonus.
Why have a chosen to get fit at this point and time if its not for they physical?
Working out for me is so much more than physical. It is mental, emotional and spiritual.
I have decided for many reasons this must be an important part of my life. I have two growing girls looking to me in a time where body image is such a big deal in our society.
I choose health and fitness so that I can be the mom God designed me to be and to continue to live a healthy life and show my daughters a healthy way of fitness. It is my desire that they both learn to love their bodies and not see the flaws that society may try and find.
I also choose this fit life due to the numerous health within my own family. I have endured many health issues myself. Before the age of 35 I have encountered pancreatitis, kidney stones, bladder cancer, removal of gallbladder, and most recently the removal of my appendix. Cancer has tried to grip my family with the BRCA mutations. It has shook me to the core to learn all too often of loved ones with cancer diagnosis'. I am stronger than the BRCA mutation and blessed not to pass it along to my own daughters.There is high blood pressure and heart disease in my family also.
These are many of the reasons why I strive to get healthy not just on the outside but more importantly on the inside. I have made progress. This journey is not always easy. I will succeed. To see where I have come from makes me so proud!
I encourage you to find your why!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
We hear it numerous times a day. The phrase, “how are you?” So often we say good or OK so that we don’t have to answer the series of questi...
-
Life as a working mom is tough to say the least. How did my mom make it look so easy. And how have 8 months past by since I last blogged? I ...
-
Throughout life God leads us all in different directions and different seasons. Some are quite challenging while others are very reward...
How are you?
We hear it numerous times a day. The phrase, “how are you?” So often we say good or OK so that we don’t have to answer the series of questi...
No comments:
Post a Comment